Thursday 24 January 2019

Some Poems 1998? - 2003?

Typed up from the archives. some of them may well have been lyrics at some point. Some soppy as fuck stuff in here, and some nonsense.

While doing this archiving I remembered that I destroyed at least half of everything I'd ever written during an episode of depression in my 2nd year of university. I'll have to assume most of it was worse than this ;)

_______


The whole room smells like wasp
Coming for the 7th china
I’ve seen the camel stoppard
Even if it floats
_______


Moobaa
The chimp chi ping
Screaming at the button
Find a way to steal the pit

Falling from Swansea
_______


Under
The fault lines
It’s clear as day
The way
It pulled you in
And burned up everything
The simple and the
Underlying
The complex
Now they are just
Like they always were
Just like they always were
_______


Hope for a new day

You must know that this comes straight from the heart
Somehow I knew it right from the start
Filling my dreams with nothing but you
I might not be perfect, but you're not quite too

The most chance of meetings, a cold winter night
Then nothing for months once out of my sight
But just one year later, your address I saw
I knew from that moment that I wanted more

The purest love could have lasted for years
We had some great times and we had some tears
Eight months later we stared at the stars
I think we knew then that we couldn't go far

So I'll accept defeat by circumstance
And always remember our final dance
But my romantic's brain will never change tack
And I'll dream of the day that I'll have you back
_______


Chicken chi in a fat child’s coffin
Stealing fish from a Chinese elf
Stalking cheese for sport or leisure
Keeping a record of interesting ham
_______


What we’ve got is sinking
Does that get you thinking
If all the ways you could escape

But the routes are twisted
Lifeboats unlisted
I’ve seen your eyes stare into space
_______


You wake up in a pool of something sticky
Waiting for the alarm
To stop
To die

You hear breathing in the trees
Something living
Something
You find it
Seeping into your skin
Taking you
Piece
By
Piece

Finally you realise
There are no more words
_______


Instant Message

I’ve never met you
But I’m sad you’re leaving

We got on so well
But we’ll never talk

I never saw you
I’ll never see you

You could be anything
Is it better this way?
_______


If the words we say
The choices we make
Come to nothing

If this is how it has to be
I don’t want to feel anything
Anymore

Sometimes it’s all a mass of pain and impossible to read or interpret
Sometimes I can make out
Tangible parts
Reasons
Excuses
But never the real cause
_______


ice and fire. 5/9/03

your attitude
depends on the situation
so pretend that this shitty disco
is your natural habitat

if you're so sure
of what you want and what you need
then tell me what you really mean
with this frozen heart charade

but if you try
to find the truth in yourself
maybe you will find
these harsh actions won't help
they only make it worse
and only you don't see
how obvious that was
and how it's killing me
so watch it burn
_______


What happened to me today? Jan 2002

I came to see you.
Maybe to patch things up
Maybe just to get my CD's back.
Two weeks since you brought it to an end
Two weeks of nothing inside.
You couldn't handle me living so far away.
We both needed more affection
But I needed you more than I'm ever going to let on.
Today I accepted what has passed.
We'll torture ourselves for a few weeks
Then live with the consequences
And think about what could have been.
What should have been.
And I'll go back without hope
And you'll just cry
Trying to sift through the confusion
Of what happened tonight.
A love that could never die
Left wounded with ends untied.
_______


Release

I’m leaving this town
As soon as I can
Nothing here for me
Only ignorance

Hate this place so much
Take it off the map
No one here for me
Only losers

Release me
Save me from isolation
Release me
Save me from degradation
Release me
Or else I’ll die and rot here
Release me
Or else I’ll waste away

I need to escape soon
No horse loser town
Nothing here for me
Only emptiness

Still some trapped in here
Scraping at the sides
Nothing here for me
Only loneliness
_______


Catcher in the rye

Spent you life digging your own hole
Back to the place where they took your soul
I know I’ve seen your face before
Haunts my dreams

Try to run, try to hide
Can’t escape the pain inside
Want to kick, poison state
All there’s left to do is hate

And the riot in the streets below
Years of tension start to show
I’d join in if I knew how
Nothing else can stop me now


No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you solve a problem like Catalina?

Apples's latest Mac OS version has caused issues for many people. It seems slow, buggy and has been a disappointment to those of us wh...