Sunday 6 January 2019

Old gig reviews: Pitchshifter w/ One Minute Silence and Cyclefly @ Rock City, Nottingham 19/9/98

*A series of things I wrote a long time ago*

Pitchshifter w/ One Minute Silence and Cyclefly @ Rock City (surely not!)19/9/98

I arrived halfway through Cyclefly's set. I wish I'd got there earlier, as what I saw was one of the best new pop rock bands since Terrorvision! They ripped through the likes of  'Supergod' like tomorrow was the end!
One Minute Silence are an entirely different propect. Hardcore to the core, some might say, but there are huge metal influences over all their Biohazard-esque fodder. Not the best band in the world by any means, but they know how to get a crowd moshing in style, which is good enough for me. See 'em before you buy anything by 'em.
Anyone who read FSU #2 knows how much I like Pitchshifter. Lots. As usual, they kicked ass in a big way, playing the songs the've played to everyone for the last year as if they we're brand new. JS Clayden took it upon himself to stage dive from the top of their amp stack, landing on me! As usual, they threw out freebies for us wonderful bastards, including computer disks and stickers, but no anarchistic propaganda for us this time. As hometown gigs go, this is about as good as it can possibly get. Pitchshifter insist on dragging metal kicking and screaming into the computer age. Good work boys!

As usual I hung around with Emma, Pagey, James, Val, their friends, thats all I can remember, thanx geezers! now read something else... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you solve a problem like Catalina?

Apples's latest Mac OS version has caused issues for many people. It seems slow, buggy and has been a disappointment to those of us wh...